Potty training and Weening

So the other night Jeremy and I are talking and he says "It would be really great if Annabelle is potty trained by the time we go to Chicago (which is in a month)"
Then I say "It would really be nice if she woke up in the morning and decided she wanted to be potty trained and that would be it!" Needless to say he didn't think it would happen.

So the next day...WOOO HOOO!!

Actually it has been a work in progress. I haven't been confident enough in Annabelle's abilities to let her wear panties all day but that day I told her all we had were her brother's baby diapers and she should wear panties. Then I made a sticker chart and we continued with potty treats as incentive and ta da! Three dry days and I thought we were home free. She still has had a few accidents (she gets too busy playing and sometimes we don't prompt her often enough) and she wears a diaper at night but I think we are doing great!

Now for weening, a much dicier process. Oliver cries a little at nap time now because I don't nurse him to sleep. We are down to 2 to 4 times in a 24 hour period which is better than the all day long (or so it seemed) sessions we were battling over when he was sick.
He drinks out of everything from bottles to cups without lids. He likes the same sippys his sister uses and he will drink water juice and whole milk. I feel like we are making progress just not quite on the fast track and partly because I'm not totally ready :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing a bit of Light

Saturday

Second Transfusion