I Should Be Sleeping
Aside from still being sick and having a grumpy one year old, (cutting molars is not fun) today went pretty well. I think I am going to attribute most of it to going to bed at nine-thirty (How do you punctuate that?) the night before. We were expecting to go to the Treehouse Museum with some friends but our friends are sick so we hung out at home (we really shouldn't share germs) and then went to our friends' house instead (Alright, I guess its ok if you really want to.) It is so good to talk to a friend and sit in the same room with them. The phone works too but its not the same. It was great talking to her.
Of course its day one of sleeping in separate states (night two) and I feel like I may have been making a bigger deal out of being apart than it really is. It is totally not fun but if I look at it like the year that husband worked 12 hour shifts its not too different. I do set the alarm more often (every night). The thing is, for me its almost better being separate mostly because I would be at his parents house (which I totally associate with him) and he would be working ten hours and I would feel a lot like I'm waiting around for him to come home rather than being at home and feeling productive (not too much! I'm working at a comfortably slow pace right now:). Here, I feel like I normally feel when he is at work all day. Which is...fine. I know my family thinks I will cave and move in with the in-laws (I truly do love them its just hard to live in some one else's house and work with their schedule and yours). I know my family is worried about me being alone, and since I wanted to cry or hit my husband every time he talked about being separate I'm pretty sure that means I was worried too.
So even though I'm feeling fine I don't think my little ones will make it very long with out their daddy home as often as he has been. They both wanted to go see him at work today. I'm not sure how often we can do that at new job and I don't feel comfortable enough to try it yet. My poor little girl made me soo sad when she cried because she just missed her daddy so much and she wanted to live close to him. She suggested we live with Grandma Myra forever so we could be close to everyone she missed and especially to her daddy and grandmas. My little boy just said "dada dada daddy dad dada" and got mad when we stopped at the store but didn't get out of the car. I will have to see how busy I can keep them. Our routine is off. There is a gap where daddy used to be and I wouldn't be surprised if the grumpiness and hysterical crying didn't happen again around the same time tomorrow.
Well, the later it gets the more scared of the dark I get so I should get to bed. Hopefully its a good day tomorrow. Even if I don't go to bed as early.
Of course its day one of sleeping in separate states (night two) and I feel like I may have been making a bigger deal out of being apart than it really is. It is totally not fun but if I look at it like the year that husband worked 12 hour shifts its not too different. I do set the alarm more often (every night). The thing is, for me its almost better being separate mostly because I would be at his parents house (which I totally associate with him) and he would be working ten hours and I would feel a lot like I'm waiting around for him to come home rather than being at home and feeling productive (not too much! I'm working at a comfortably slow pace right now:). Here, I feel like I normally feel when he is at work all day. Which is...fine. I know my family thinks I will cave and move in with the in-laws (I truly do love them its just hard to live in some one else's house and work with their schedule and yours). I know my family is worried about me being alone, and since I wanted to cry or hit my husband every time he talked about being separate I'm pretty sure that means I was worried too.
So even though I'm feeling fine I don't think my little ones will make it very long with out their daddy home as often as he has been. They both wanted to go see him at work today. I'm not sure how often we can do that at new job and I don't feel comfortable enough to try it yet. My poor little girl made me soo sad when she cried because she just missed her daddy so much and she wanted to live close to him. She suggested we live with Grandma Myra forever so we could be close to everyone she missed and especially to her daddy and grandmas. My little boy just said "dada dada daddy dad dada" and got mad when we stopped at the store but didn't get out of the car. I will have to see how busy I can keep them. Our routine is off. There is a gap where daddy used to be and I wouldn't be surprised if the grumpiness and hysterical crying didn't happen again around the same time tomorrow.
Well, the later it gets the more scared of the dark I get so I should get to bed. Hopefully its a good day tomorrow. Even if I don't go to bed as early.
Comments
Post a Comment