Over the weekend while I was home I took care of a lot of things. I did a Sam's club pickup order which I have never done before and I grabbed groceries and things from Walmart as well. I let the older kids stay home from school because they had missed me and for all intents and purposes it's terrifying to hear your brother is sick enough to be in the hospital and that he will be sick for a long time.  It was a well needed mental health day for them. I was home from Saturday night to Tuesday morning and every night I had at least 3 kids in my room with me. It was so good for them that I came home.  We also went to Fred Meyer because they had some good deals on toys and I had the kids pick out toys as prizes and bribes for Henry. My sister asked me if it was nice to have my Annabelle helper back and I told her it was nice to have the other half of my brain with me. Mary and our friend Sam came over and started working on the house.  I had tried to straighten up and put laundry away so that it would be clean enough to vacuum. Sam rocked all my bathrooms except the master and vacuumed and mopped and basically saved my sanity from trying to get it all done myself.  I rode back to Utah with Jeremy's Aunt and Uncle. They are some of the sweetest people I have the privilege to know.  They were going to the airport and paid for me to take a cab to the hospital. 

While I was home 2 of the kids had runny noses and a bit of a cough.  They both "shared" my drink with me and by the time I went back to Henry I was pretty sure I had it so I wore a mask when I snuggled him and slept next to him.

Over the whole weekend Henry kept calling and breaking my heart that I was gone.  He wanted my snuggles, he wanted me to come back to him, he wanted to come home to me.  I asked him if he wanted me to bring him anything from home and he said "I just want your snuggles and hugs".  Heart officially broken.  When I got there he was pretty happy to see me but it really didn't change his overall mood.  He was done. By Wednesday every nurse or doctor or case manager or volunteer that came in got yelled at.  He wanted nothing to do with the blood pressure cuff and the armpit thermometer.  We had told him we were going to go home on Thursday and when we didn't go home right away because he had to have another lumbar puncture and chemo administered to his spinal fluid he was so mad.  We packed up all the gifts and treats and toys and clothes while we waited. We got to go back with him this time before the procedure and watch him fall asleep.  He woke up angry and hungry because he couldn't eat for 8 hours before and he had gone more like 12 without food.  He also only wanted his dad.   After he woke up more we went back to his room and did exit counseling and met our case manager/coordinator. She gave us a calendar of his meds and treatment dates.

Once we got on the road we stopped at Krispy Kreme and Taco Bell because those are some of the foods he was asking for. We also stopped in Pocatello for some french fries.  The high dose of steroid he is on makes him so hungry but the other meds make his tummy feel sick so he thinks he wants lots of food and then he eats and his tummy says yuck.

Coming home wasn't very eventful but it was nice to be in our own beds. The house was very clean which is always nice to come home to. By this time the cold I had caught was getting worse so we all went to bed early.

Jeremy spent most of the weekend taking care of projects and getting supplies to make spaghetti sauce because tomato season is just about over. I took a couple naps on Saturday 1. Because Henry woke up starving at 5am and wanted everything. By 8am he had had half a boxed pizza (mostly the cheese and meat off the top), 1 hot dog, 1 bowl of cereal and 1 piece of toast. and 2. Because the cold was making me feel crappy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing a bit of Light

Saturday

Second Transfusion